April 23, 2019
There are some many ways to enjoy these fungi and this Easy Braised Enoki Mushrooms recipe is a popular side dish for our meals. Pair them with a bowl of steaming rice, silky rich bowl of congee, on a bed of soft tofu and you’ll instantly have an easy and healthy meal. The tantalizing aroma of caramelized soy sauce is something I can never get enough of.
February 22, 2019
February 15, 2019
Sticky Toffee Banana Cake is a sinful and delightful treat that is fitting for any and every occasion. Rich and aromatic banana cake drizzled with warm treacle toffee sauce would be a pleaser for anybody. It is also a perfect way to use up old bananas that would otherwise need to be thrown away.
January 11, 2019
December 5, 2018
Potato is such a versatile staple. From creamy mash to oven-roasted, every way is simply a comfort to my soul and belly. Did you know one medium potato has just about 110 calories, fat, sodium and cholesterol free? Nutrition facts aside, this Crispy Kimchi Potato Hash is really delicious to serve at brunch or as a side. The addition of kimchi is unconventional but it does add another depth of flavor to this flavourful dish!
November 7, 2018
October 12, 2018
September 26, 2018
Jjambbong is a hybrid noodle dish having roots in Chinese cuisine and being adapted from Korean cuisine. Originally from North-East China, this noodle dish arrived in Korea with the arrival of Chinese immigrants since the 1800s, mostly from Shandong. It was then adapted to suit Korean palates, and to use Korean ingredients as a substitute to Chinese ones.
September 5, 2018
August 31, 2018
June 21, 2018
This Thai-Style Crispy Pork Belly is another mouth-watering favorite snack whenever I wander around the streets in Bangkok. Now, the mere thought of deep frying is enough to put off many health Nazis, not to mention the choice of cut used as well. However, since pork fat has made it to number 8 on the list of top 100 nutritious food and we are using good quality cooking oil, making this dish at home seems to lessen my guilt on eating this intensely crispy and meltingly tender meat. Of course, in a healthy diet, all foods are okay in moderation. Pair it with a serving of refreshing salad or vegetables that are low in calories and all will be well.
May 14, 2018
Growing up, I remember tagging along with mom to the local old-school confectionery store near our house to get our breakfast items. Paper wrapped sponge cake, Pandan coconut waffles, fluffy, cottony soft swiss roll. Ah, those are some of the sweet memories of my childhood.
May 2, 2018
- Most of the time, walnuts are often eaten on their own as a snack. Touted as the king of nuts, walnuts are not only a healthy brain food but also could help to prevent heart disease and cancer. This Easy Walnut Pie is chock-full of roasted walnuts and a warm molass-y filling.
April 18, 2018
April 11, 2018
- There are many different versions and most of them contain some sort of meat in the sauce, such as bolognese. However, this recipe does not contain any meat and uses only cheese and tomato. You would think how the heck do you get that rich and robust flavor of a typical lasagna? Read on.
March 16, 2018
March 10, 2018
- Cacio e Pepe literally means cheese and pepper in Italian. Consisting of just 3 ingredients - pasta, black pepper and pecorino romano cheese, it is the most basic yet exceptionally tasty pasta to master in the kitchen.
January 31, 2018
- Over Christmas and New Year’s period, this Thai-style Roast Chicken made its debut twice at our dinner parties. Not only was it well received, the subtle Thai flavors complimented well with the rest of the other dishes without sticking out like a sore thumb.
January 10, 2018
- What makes a good Rustic Apple Tart? Is it an amazing flaky crust or an irresistible fruity centre? All of them. This fail-safe recipe has a sturdy yet tender crust and the free-form shape means you do not even need a pie plate or baking pan to make this. You could use any leftover fruit in your fridge - strawberries, blueberries, peaches, etc. I'm using three granny smiths and one red gala apple for this 8-inch tart.
December 30, 2017
- Okay, let’s talk about NYE. If you are planning on entertaining on that day, these Mushroom Croquettes would make an excellent cocktail appetizer. You could make them a few days ahead and store them in the freezer. Simply thaw for 20 minutes before cooking them in hot oil for a couple minutes. Keep them warm in the oven until you are ready to serve.
December 23, 2017
December 20, 2017
December 12, 2017
- A simple but hearty dish that can be served on all occasions, Potato Leek Soup is an indispensable recipe that spells comfort food on so many levels. Despite being very popular and associated with French cuisine, potato leek soup actually originates in Wales, a region that is now part of the United Kingdom.